Thursday, August 20, 2009

Today I had two gymnastics practices. Julie's and mine. Mine started out really awesome on beam. I did my warm-ups, as usual and then I did cartwheels, handstand and dismounts. Then Terra had me do back-walkovers. She first had me do one with her spotting on the low, fat beam. We moved up to the low, skinny beam. Finally, she had me do one on a beam, a foot above the ground, with spot. I wasn't going to do it at first but then she mentioned how I could show other girls how to do them. I am guilty, that pumped me up. I didn't make it but I tried.

I went with Gergely on bars, after that. I did kips with nearly straight arms. You probably don't know how good nearly is, nearly straight is what most of the good girls in my class do. It is really really hard to do a completely straight arm kip. What I found ironic is that Gergely's girl, Mara, who demonstrates the straight arm kip, didn't do as well as usual and my arms were actually straighter than hers.



On floor I did a roundof- back-handspring back flip! With one handed spot. Terra estimates that in a week of working on that I could be doing that by myself! I let my head lead, so that's a problem. I am used to back-handsprings so I let my head lead. Terra says that if I could get the roundoff back-handspring. I might be better at the rondoff- back-handspring-back flip then the roundoff-back-handspring-back-handspring. I am to high in my second back-handspring.

I came for Julie's practice but it was just a usual practice with nothing interesting.

1 comment: