Friday, August 7, 2009

Gymnastics report

Today I did not make the jump, I made it with spot though. Although I did not duplicate the process. I did something else, I made a front hip circle cast. The front hip circle is a move where you basically do a forward roll while hanging on the bar. The only difference is that you try to get your nose to your knees, if you don't you won't be able to come back on top of the bar. The result is quite different though. A front hip circle immediate cast is difficult because you must build momentum from the front hip circle and let it go in a cast (let your hips swing of the bar). The nice thing is that you can just let your hips go an inch off the bar and the judges will call it a cast.

On beam Gergely tried to get me to do a back-walkover on the beam. A back-walkover is when you arch your back, keeping your legs in a split and just keep your back arching. Soon your arms will be touching the beam and then you make your legs go over to land. He said I could do them without spot on the low beams but it felt so unnatural that I was nervous to do it. He not spottin me did not help.

I did a wonderful floor routine without music (with Caroline, one of my other coaches). I was all smiles and it was good. I put a few small flairs onto it that make it look unique. However, when I had the music it wasn't so good. I didn't take my time at some points and at others I was behind the music. I also missed a step before my back-walkover (on floor). I could tell because if I didn't switch my legs I would be attempting a balk-walkover on my wrong leg!

Also with Caroline, I did my beam routine. I didn't warm up so I was wobbley. I'll have to practice smiling on beam so I can hide the look of despiration, frustartion and fear and I'll need to practice my handstands. The full handstands (all the way up) feels unnatural to me. I probobly won't be surviving in the jungles anytime soon if I'm trying to delete my natural senses. My handstands aren't all the way up so I won't be surviving the wrath of the judges anytime soon if I don't delete my natural senses. Oh well, I'll go with trying to destroy the natural sense. So over all it was a good practice.

2 comments:

  1. You sure are doing some impressive skills! I have trouble walking across the floor without falling sometimes!!!! Keep up the hard work and pretty soon you will do those harder skills without much thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I hope I won't have to think before doing back walkovers but I know girls who are in level six, the level of the back walkover, who really are scared to do back walkovers on a beam.

    ReplyDelete