Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Fury of the Wasp.

I was asleep at four thirty in the morning. Awake and yet asleep, knowing what I was doing and yet not knowing and doing but not knowing why I did. Laying on my back, I moved my left hand to the right. Ahh! The sting was strong, as though I had stuck my thumb deep into a tack. My mind was racing. There was no wall or anything to hurt my thumb like that. My room, plagued by wasps, It was possible I had stuck my thumb into one. However, I thought, It is unlikely. The sting was worsening and then, I heard a faint buzzing next to me. I got up, throwing the covers off of me, half ran, half walked, to my parents room. It was stinging like mad. Whimpering, I said "a Wasp stung me.". My mom first had me rinse my thumb in cold water until it was numb. She trashed around, looking for something that would numb the poison of the wasp. She then found some Windex, containing ammonia, which would heal the acid of the wasp. I then could not sleep until six forty-five.

No comments:

Post a Comment