Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Gymnastics went well yesterday. Consistent running this time. Beam was painful yesterday. I tried to do a leap and it was terrible, because I had slipped and I fell on chest and chin. I scraped my arm on the beam too. My coach, Caroline said "ah are you all right". Of course I said fine, my usual reaction to that question. I walked to the coach's room to get an ice pack. The coach's room is just a room where the coach's put their stuff and where the refrigerator, microwave and medical supplies are. I only teared up twice, wiped them up and walked back out. Then I sat down and iced myself for five minutes then went back to beam. I think the beam I used was cursed because Bren made the same mistake I did on the leap. It is still my favorite beam, though.

On floor Gergely decided to have us do dive-rolls, front-handsprings and roundoff- back-handsprings. He would watch them and say either yes or no. We had to get three yes's before we could move on to the next skill. My dive-rolls took one and a half turns (we got to do each one twice a turn (except the roundoff back-handsprings)). My front handsprings took three turns and I never finished the roundoff back-handspring back-handsprings.

I did vault on floor and I did wonderfully. Straight and tight, my vaults were successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment