Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My dentist appointment was today. I had some tartar in the back and two cavities:~(. My next appointment for the fillings is this Wednesday. I got a ring as the treat you get when it's done.

When the dentist's appointment was done, we went to the St. Louis park recreation center. Their pool was awesome! There was a huge slide and you could go into one line and do the body slide or go into the tube slide. You could have a double, triple or single tube. I went down a few times with Joe and Julie, in a triple tube. I also went with just Joe twice and I went down once with just Julie. I think the two most fun ways to go down the slide were with all three kids and by yourself, in a tube. I think going down by yourself is fun because you can have the lifeguards turn you around backwards. I like going with all three kids fun because there's this thing called whipping. When you whip on the turns you lean towards the curve and you go up it a little and when all three riders whip you go really high (you can whip when your by yourself but not as well as with three). You also go faster because their is more weight. I learned by talking with kids in line that if you whip at the last turn you might hit your head as you enter the water. We ignored this and I sit in the back because I'm the heaviest kid, so it was my head, right. We found it is better if you whip at the last turn. The body slide was OK, you get wetter but it isn't as good as on the tube.
Thomas enjoyed the water park a lot. He would just walk in at first but I got him hyped up by splashing him and he laughed when I did. I would also go underwater and sneak up on Thomas and pop my head up to surprise him. He fell in once when he was knee deep and then he came up and laughed. He was pretty brave in the water. Once, he got up to neck deep. Then he fell and he never went that deep again. When he fell, at first Dad and I let him lie there for half a second (we thought he might come up by himself) and then Dad pulled him up. He coughed a little. He then played in the sandbox. I didn't play in the sandbox but it looked interesting. There were some water works for the toddlers to play with.
Joey would appreciate you all to look at his blog to see his side of the day (he would also like you to enter some comments.)

No comments:

Post a Comment