Monday, August 17, 2009

Gymnastics was Awesome. We we ran two laps around this thing of grass they put in the streets and parking lots. I ran nice and consistant at that same speed, I finished first but after I finished the last two yard sprint the coaches asked me If I was all right. I was so tired I answered "I'm fine. My side just hurts." It hurt like it does if you just finished hard aerobics. Floor went through smoothly with improvements. Conditioning I appreciated. I did everything correctly but I got frustrated when during sit ups I would have to hold someone down but she kept stopping every two of the fifty. When it was my turn I got to thirty without stopping rested a second and did the rest of the fifty in a minute!

Vault was awesome! It started out poorly but then took a turn for the best! I sared without Caroline spotting me so I kinda' freaked a little so I didn't go but when she spotted me it was really bad. I dived down causing me to pike. My arms were bent, too. My second one was spotted (due to the other terribleness). My hands were so close to the bottom edge of the vault it was a wonder I didn't hit my back against the vault. On my third one it was decent. My arms were still bent a little but I wasn't too piked and there was no danger involved. Then Caroline stopped the vaulting and said that we were done and we weren't concentrating and working hard. I was pretty mad. Vault was all I had been thinking about in the seven-people line. She then brought out a conditioning list Gergely had made and told us to do it. Then, she said for Rachel, Saylor and I to keep vaulting. My next one was awesome. I wasn't very pike my arms were almost straight and stuck the landing. My next one went fine and the third one I hurdled to soon so I didn't go anywhere and tried the run again. It was really good. The next one was for score. I got a 7.9. Actually pretty good and if the judges are that generous I will have a good first-meet score.

On bar I did 33 kips out of 38.

No comments:

Post a Comment