Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My best friend, Eliana, Joey, Julie and I play a game called kid's ville. We have marble that we use for money. I run a card shop. Joey and Julie work for Eagle Eye, Eliana's company. No it is not named after the movie, she has been using the name Eagle Eye for many things before the movie came out. Eagle Eye owns a daycare, the local marketplace and the hotel spot. The daycare was a really good idea because we all do our jobs but we really need something to do with the baby's we adopted. The original idea was that all the baby's were in the bathroom cupboard (we soon adopted them all). It only cost three marbles, we start out with about twenty marbles. The market place is the play room. It isn't the most successful store because we all can play with the toys anyway but I did buy a stroller, once. The hotel just came out today but it is ingenious! Joey works there to do the massages and the fanning. The electronic piano plays music too. Eliana helps Joey if their are two customers at a time. Joeys back massages are very peaceful and the fanning is nice too. I might have to come up with something so brilliant to keep from going bankrupt :-0

2 comments:

  1. I am so amazed at your progress in gymnastics. You have wonderful "presence" and you really listen to an learn from coaching. I look forward to seeing your new routines. Practice and thinking have their place in the learning process, but the end point is that fluid state of "flow" you felt when you did the move "without thinking". Julius Caesar had one order to the Head centurion of each legion. "Drill them until they drop. Then drill them until they don't drop."

    I remember watching Peggy Fleming skate and she looked so smooth and free. She could just do anything on that ice without any visible effort, including the boring to watch, incredibly difficult "school figures". But then I thought about all the endless hours of practice and falls that made possible all the "effortless" series of spins, jumps, etc. I decided that you can't really do something with grace and freedom unless you put in all the effort "until you drop" and then "until you don't drop."
    Kidsville sounds GREAT !!!! Can I play when I come to visit. It isn't too early to let Grandma know what you want for Christmas.
    I usually check your blog a couple of times a week, but this past ten days I have been busy with getting ready for a belated house-warming party (They brought a set of wind chimes I'm hanging in my room. It's fun that I start that music while I do things like sort clothes (change of season) and make the bed.
    Hugs and prayers, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that strategy will work. Unfortunetly, it's already competition seson and on floor and beam I can't do them without completly thinking. ON floor I think on tumbling passes and on the back-extension roll.
    Sure you can play kids ville. In the summer we play the out door version with the mayor.

    ReplyDelete