Sunday, October 4, 2009

I had a terrible meet on Saturday. It was a state qualifier, so if you got a thirty two point 0 at this meet you get to go to the state meet. Abbie was three tenths off of state. Bars was the first event and with the squat ons from Friday I was terrified to do it. I didn't make any in the warm up either. I fell three times. I fell once on the front hip circle, the squat on and the long hang kip! I got a 4.95. Unfortunately, with bars being the first event it started a bad tone for the rest of the meet.

On beam I fell on a half turn because I was trying to hold it in position to long. I fell and jumped back on really quickly. Now, that was something I didn't know was that I have thirty seconds to regain my composure before you have to get back on the beam. It was an OK routine but I fell again on the cart wheel and the handstand was a little shy. I got a 5.55.

Floor! I went ahead forgot everything else and went out there and did my thing. It was awesome. I bent my arms on the back extension roll so that's a .8 deduction. I ended up with a 8.05.

The vault was wonderful. The arms were straight and I stuck the landing. I practically flew off of the vault. I think it was basically an 8 vault but the judges disagreed. 7.95 instead, I needed to get more distance of the vault and that will give me a better score.

The Monday practice improved me on floor. However, bar was a disaster. Squat on mania, as I predicted. My problem is I am afraid but I still try but it's like I forgot how to do it. One of my problems is my right leg. In squat ons it has trouble getting on the bar. It also bends in kips, on the beam dismount and during swings. My left leg has it but not my right one.

No comments:

Post a Comment