Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mom has posted the last two meet videos in Olympic gymnastics fans.

The last meet went pretty well (I was also the only level five from olympic). Floor was the first event so I had a positive start. I smiled and did my routine. My back-handspring was a little high but it was an 8.3 routine. Another girl from olympic, Mackenzie, got an 8.25 and everyone except Mackenzie and I said the judges were judging hard. I recognized the judges from the qualifying meet. I tied my personal best with an 8.3.

The next event was vault. Mrs. Deli was doing some really weird adjustments to the vault. My first vault wasn't to awesome and my hand slipped on the second one. I got my lowest score ever (on vault), 7.2.

Bar was good for me but awful for Olympic.
THREE out of SIX girls didn't make their squat ons and I was one of the ones who did make it. What I find very annoying was that some of them were telling me that the squat on was simple and anyone could do it when I was trying to make it. I went through the routine without falling. I even connected the whole front half. Although, I did have froggie legs on one of the casts. I jumped to the high bar without thinking, which is why I have decided that Terra's theory that my head gets in the way of my jump is true. I took an extra swing before the long-hang kip because I thought I wouldn't make it if I didn't. I got a 6.6

Beam was good if I didn't fall on the cartwheel. I didn't really do a good beam routine. I got a 6.65

I actually got a trophy even though I was the only one on the level five team. And no I still earned the trophy even though It was third place out of three. Actually, I am ahead of all the teams who didn't come to the meet. They all have zeros while I have a 28.4. The level sixes came up with me for the trophy too, because they wanted to support me and I really didn't want to be the only one standing on the pedestal. In turn, I went up with them for their trophy.

See my videos at Olympic gymnastics fans (There's a link to it on my blog) :- )

No comments:

Post a Comment