Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I had a pleasant Easter. I got an Easter lily, a Johnny Quest movie, Water balloons and a water balloon pump. I had a water balloon fight with Joey. We had Veil for dinner.

I alter served at all two of the triduum masses and at the good Friday service. The holy Thursday went very well. My favorite part was definitely the washing of the feet. My job as an alter server was to refill the jars with water from the non-working sacristy (where they wash the dishes). When I wasn't doing that I sat by the bowl that people were washing feet with and clean up any water that spilled on the ground. We also had to dump the water out of the bowl into a bin. At the beginning I didn't dump out the water every time because I was told to dump it out when it started to look full. I realized that to keep people's feet from touching the dirty water you need to dump out the dirty water into the bin every time. I also began to move the bowl so people could sit down more easily and get up more easily.


My favorite part of good Friday was when they did the gospel. They had four lectors stand next to the alter. They said the lines of charactors like Peter, the priests and the people of Jerusalem. One lector played Pilate (he was definetly the best) and one said the narrative. The priest played Jesus. They did a really good job of it.


The Easter vigil was really good and I will speak of it in another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment