Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hello,
I am going to my first summer camp, this year. I will sleep in a cabin with my friends; Eliana, Kimberly and Lauren. There is a lake to swim in, and crafts. I am looking forward to it.

While am typing I am talking to Katie Gislason. She is a friend from Texas that is about to move to California.

Katie: Hi!

Theresa: Today we are going talk about babysitting and share tactics. So Katie, how do you get the kids to bed?

Katie: First, I have them pick out some books and I read them some stories. This calms them down and then they can get ready for bed easily. I tuck them in and they fall asleep.

Theresa: That sounds like a good strategy. What I do is tell that in fifteen minutes we will get ready for bed. This lets them prepare for bed. If you say "It's for bed right now!" they might freak out. Then they get ready for bed and I give them rewards for their behavior. There is the sweetie award the ready for bed award, the great kid award, the helper award and the clean plate award.

Katie: what do the awards mean?

Theresa: The sweetie award goes to kids when they are good and it usually goes to younger children. The the ready bed award is what it sounds like. the great kid award goes for children who are particularly obedient. The helper award goes to kids who help a lot. and the clean plate award goes to whoever eats his or her dinner.

Katie: What kind of awards are they.

Theresa: stickers.

Katie: I use treats like candy. Because it gets their attention.

Theresa: I use stickers because they are easy to get and you don't have to get them an extra snack. I find that kids like any award.

Katie: I agree with that, but stickers, once you put them on you have to take them off.

Theresa: But they eat the candy and it's gone.

Katie: I agree with that. I often use stickers myself. But the kids can get stickers easily.

Theresa: Yes but these come from an American girl babysitting kit and they show special pictures.

Katie: that's good and all but they're still stickers and if you get them every week they are not exciting

Theresa: Maybe if you can get a certain of the same award and you get a treat like a candy or even a toy car.

Katie: That's a good idea.

Theresa: I'll give them a piece of paper to hold their stickers and let them decorate it.

Katie: Some kids will not want to cover up their art work.

Theresa: I'll ask them to leave a place for their stickers. That's all for now, stay tuned.



Super stroller! Have you ever been lugging a heavy stroller around in the mall? If you have you need Super stroller. Lot's of space, lots of room! its light weight too! Go Super stroller.


Theresa: Welcome back! We are going to talk about dinner! Katie what do you make the kids for dinner?

Katie: Macaroni cheese or a peanut butter and jelly meal.

Theresa: I'm not an expert in this area. I've never had to cook dinner. My parents always have left something for the kids to eat.

Katie: That's not the big thing I normally have to handle "Ew! I don't like that." is the sort of thing I have trouble with.


Theresa I'm not an expert in this either. My parents always leave something that the kids like.


Katie: I just say if you don't eat up I'm not giving you desert.

Theresa: I've never had to do that but I think I would pretend to be a waiter or have a indoor picnic so the kids want to like it.


Katie: Eventually you will run out of themes and it will teach them to complain.


Theresa: That's why I do it at the very first meal so they don't have a chance to complain.


Katie: What if you were sick and you could not take care of the kids and they would have high expectations for the baby sitter.


Theresa: I need to make sure they to eat they eat dinner.


Katie The other sitter would have whining crying kids.


Theresa: Then she would pull out your strategy. Besides, I don't think most kids would do that. I think the tecnique would work because it makes food seem exciting. The kids would only be served that way once or twice a month. I don't think it would cause a problem. Well, that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment