Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hello,

For Christmas Joey got a thing called "planet frog, live frog habitat". It sends you a tadpole but they had to wait so the tadpole wouldn't die in the mail. It came yesterday and Joey put it into the frog habitat. The frog habitat has a few plastic plants and a little canyon of which you fill with water. It also has a little cave for the frog to hide in. He put the little tadpole into the habitat and it seems happy. It looks like a little frog body with a long tail. Joey is very happy with his tadpole.

I don't know if I've mentioned this but three weeks ago I got some betta fish. They are in a spare five gallon tank Mom used to put baby angelfish in. I got five female betta fish that I let Julie choose. I don't understand why people always say they're ugly. They have nice little fins, they aren't as big as the boys and they don't have the fins but they are very pretty. Their names are: Alpha (she is pink with purple fins), Beta and Gamma (they are both tan with red fins), Delta, (she is dark purple with red fins), Epsilon (she is gray and when any light hits the scales on her body she shines blue, she has blue and yellow fins). My Male betta fish (his name is Aragon) has a dark purple body (like delta) with light blue at the base of his fins and then the are a beautiful dark red. I've been feeding them blood worms with the occasional flake food. I can't feed them a whole cube of blood worms because they are to small. I have to melt the cube so some of the blood worms can fall off. I feed the betta fish what comes of of the cube and I feed my mom's discus fish the rest of the cube. I found out that the male betta fish at least is sick, he has a disease called rot fin. We have a sponge filter in the tank and we put it inside my moms discus filter so that it could get some of the benevolent bacteria. Unfortunately, we did not keep it in long enough and that the bacteria needs to settle.

No comments:

Post a Comment