Tuesday, September 22, 2009

That gymnastics meet definitely has a major effect on me, I can't stop thinking about gymnastics. I have been just pouring over Mary Lou Retton's biography. I have decided my nearest goal is to get to state. You get to state by getting a 32.0 in a qualifier meet, my next meet is a qualifier. Mom says she is glad I'm setting nearby goals but she doubts I'll get to state. I really want to get to state while I'm in level five. I want to experience being at state just once. At practice today I think I know what I need to do to get eights on all events. On bars I'll work on keeping my arms and legs straight, I'll probably will get an eight by doing that. Also I didn't have my arms straight on my kips, which is a .8 deduction and no hopping on the landing will save me a tenth plus keeping my legs together will save me a lot. I was also first and usually whoever goes first gets five tenths off because the judges want to save the highest scores for the really good one. The experienced Moms say that the effect is five tenths off. On floor my score from this meet will do so I won't be doing any really bold changes. On vault I'll actually circle my arms and try to stick the landing. That will probably get me a eight. Beam is the big dilemma. I need to get my leap and hand stand more courageous. I wonder which is worse, falling or doing a puny handstand. Those judges are really serious when they say they want a good handstand. I will also straighten my legs on the split jump and make it bigger.


I taught Thomas a new word, Hola. He only says it when he's in a good mood, though. So he woudn't demonstrate in front of Dad because he was so excited to show him he ran into a wall.

I also would like to say that I did a typo, I got an 8.3 on floor:) I like internet faces:) :( B) :P ;) :0

1 comment:

  1. Watched the videos, great job! With how hard you're working I'm sure you'll get to state, even if it isn't this year :)

    ReplyDelete