Saturday, September 19, 2009

I went to the meet and survived! When I walked in I was the only one from my gym there and so I sat down and waited. My coach wasn't there when they started stretching so a coach from another gym stretched us (Rachel and Abbie were also there). We started to tumble when Katica arrived. She took over from there. She had some great tips and it helped a lot. We warmed up on bar we did a little floor. I had the jump on this event so of course I was terrified and my group only had three minutes to warm up. I made the jump on one of the two jumps I tried. I was mentally prepared on everything except the jump. I then moved on to beam. I did a warm up like anyother practice. but you only get three minutes to warm up so I went quick. Fortunetly we were pared up with a group called TAGS and their group had eleven girls in there group so we started just working on the floor and on a low beam. We rotated to warm up on floor and we did some tumbling and worked on the details of the routine. We then moved on to vault. It was pretty usual. We did handstand hops and then we started vaulting. I did four practice vaults. Now I will take a break from this entry to read other peoples blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment