Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Grandma Dancy came over and we've been having a blast! We went to a art museum that was modern in a bad way! There was a picture that was totally one shade of red. There was also a "piece of art" that was so horrible that I felt like throwing up. I will not be describing this "sculpture". There was also one that was really nice until you saw what it was made of. Pins stuck into elephant dung. There were a few good ones. One was a colorful array of colors. One was some elastic cord stretched out in a corner with shadows that made it look like something was there. My favorite was a screen with a dolphin. You could sit down and use the cordless keyboard to talk to him. The dolphin would actually respond. It is very high tech. Because of my crazy love for dolphins it was very enjoyable.

I rearranged my room yesterday. I made it so the bookshelves and the dressers act as room divider. We have three rooms; the craft room, the reading room and the party room. The real rooms are the art and craft room and the party room is just what is left over. Originally, we had two other rooms. The personal space rooms. It was basically a room that you could do whatever you wanted to. I think that was pretty stupid of me because you can already do that in your room. The real problem was that the rooms were really small and they didn't look like rooms at all. It was a room with three sides, not like a proper room, with four sides and a hole. So I moved everything around again and made them look better. I used the corner for the art room and built the reading room off of the craft room. This was all done yesterday. Last night Mom came in to turn off the light and she said that the place was a mess so I told her I would clean it up. That was the second stage, of which Julie and I finished this morning. Although there is still more cleaning to be done I think we did enough for today. I needed to do school. We put three pillows in the reading room to sit on. There are two for the bottom and one for the back-of-the-chair. We also use the reading room for listening to the ipod. We still need a chair for the art room and we need to get the supplies on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment