Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ok after a nice break from the blogging back to the meet. I started out on vault. I started out nice in strong, considering I just warmed up vault. My first vault was OK but my second vault was almost a head spring. I got 7.8 and they give out ribbons after each event. blue means nine or higher, red means eight or higher, white means seven or higher and green means 6 or higher. I got a white ribbon on vault.

Next up is uneven bars. I did a slightly bent arm kip and then went into the front hip circle. Did a nice cast squat on and made the jump! I did a small cast for the back hip circle :| and finished off with ok swings. I was first so according to experienced gymnast moms being first gets you half a point down. I got 6.2 and a green ribbon.

Next is my only event I am disappointed in, beam. I never fell but I was nervous so I was shaky. I started out clean but then I started messing up. I got 6.8 (which is what I got in the practice meet) and a green ribbon.

Now we move on to floor. Rachel got an injury here. I have an advantage here. Some girls year last years music and haven't moved on to this years music. Half of the other gyms had last years music. Tags all had last years music so the judges would like the switch. Tags also never ever smiled so yet again I have an advantage. So I did the usual routine and made sure I smiled and I got an 8.2 and a RED ribbon!

The awards ceremony was also good the three age groups got separate all around ribbons. The ribbons were Blue, Red, White, Yellow (extra ribbon) and Green. Rachel, Abbie and I sat in a circle and listened to the seven-eight awards. The green ribbons were then being handed out to the girls and I said "I hope that someone from olympic gets a ribbon." Then they called my name for the yellow ribbons. We all gasped in surprise When I finished saluting the audience I came back and Abbie started worrying that she wouldn't get a ribbon. I knew she would because all her scores were higher than mine and sure enough she received a white ribbon. For team awards Olympic got last because all the other groups had at least six girls while we only had three but hey it's better than nothing.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Theresa, I saw video from the meet and you did a great job- congratulations!
    love, Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's Abbie? I just wanted to know who you knew that had my name.
    -The Abbie from TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abbie is another girl on my gymnastics team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Abbie! I work hard and love the rewards.

    ReplyDelete