Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Gymnastics success! Yesterday I made SIX good bar routines in TWENTY minutes. Gergely gave us nine minutes to warm up the bar routines. I remembered to wair my contacts so it was a good deal easier. I was on the bar set that I can jump to the high bar on and everyone in my group is pretty serious about competing (there were 4 of us), espcicially because we've got a meet on Sunday. Since Gergely said nine minutes we didn't really care about the order, the idea was 'just go'. We didn't talk much and we kept an eye on the person in front of us. if you got caught up in a conversation and you missed your turn chances are someone else would go. If you missed your turn you'd ask another girl if you could go, we're close so we'd let each other go if they missed their turn. I went first because I was already chalked up. Right after my front half I realized it was good so I could move on to back half next turn. When it was my turn tried a jump but missed. Next turn I got it. I did a few more jumps and then it was time for the routines. Gergely put a clipboard, with all our names on it, on a desk. He wanted us to tally mark each routine we do connected. Here we got into a strict order. The attitude of 'just go' remained but if you were up next you were reminded. The order was; Mara, Mackenzie, Brynn and Theresa. My first routine was not awesome. I stopped before the squat on and before the back-hip-circle. One of my problems was that people were walking under the bar coming back from the clipboard. So we agreed to walk around the bars. My next one was good I never stopped although my legs were bent jumping to the bar and next turn I made another. Then, on my third turn I had my legs so bent on the jump I fell. I fell on the next one too. I made the next one and I was back on track. The next turn I annoyed the girls on the other set of bars. At Olympic there are two pairs of uneven bars across from each other. We land on the same mat. If everyone did the level five dismount it would be Ok (the level five dismount is just swinging and touching the other side of the bar) but the level sixs do back flips of the bar so we take turns. I was doing a routine at the same time as Katie and I don't look at the other pair of bars so I went and she got mad at me. The rest of it went smoothly until the end. Then I couldn't jump on one turn and then I couldn't do a front hip circle. All the girls then went to look at the clipboard to see how everyone else did and I saw my chance to get one more routine in without any interuptions.

Then I got frustrated at Gergely because he made us vault and what I wanted to do was sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment