Thursday, November 12, 2009

The week's been pretty normal. It's a gym day so happiness is mine! It's a level five and six day but this time I've got a secure title in the level six. I don't know if I have mentioned this before but there are two groups in the class. One group is the uncompetitive group and the other is the competitive group.
Some girls get into level five when their six that but some of us like me take longer. The girls that get into level five early usually take two years our so in level five but sometimes if their prepared, like Mara (Mara is one of my friends she's in level six but she's only in third grade) they get through fast. I was out of level five in a year and I can do some of the differcult level six stuff (like a back flip off of bars).

You can tell if you get put in the uncompetitive group because you're with kids that are up to chest high. Then you can tell because you spend twenty turns on dive rolls. I get put into because they have most all the level sixs in there first then all the competitive level fives then whoever is the best level five B or if they want to give someone experience. When I was in level five B there were other level fives who were looking for the spot. Now, in level six my spot is secure.

I asked Dad how cool B) he thought everthing looked interesting except for vault. I can't disagree with him. He said he knew it was probably very differcult but it didn't look like it. Our vault is very plain. It is just a front handspring, no twists no flips (unless you mess up (a lot)). Level six has the same thing. In level seven you can do either a front handspring or a half on (a round-off over the vault). My question is if you can combine the two. If not I am going straight to half-ons.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is cool what you are doing in gymnastics. I am attempting a yoga back stretch. But I can't lift my arms up, so my head is touching the ground. But I do a lot of bridge poses (Lay on back with feet on ground, stretch shoulders close and push arms together underneath it and raise my hips up.)

    I try to get up with my hands on ground as well. ,but it might take a while.

    ReplyDelete