Thursday, November 19, 2009

I have decided that from now on I will blog every day. One of Mom's friends on facebook says something she is thankful for every day. I too, will write something I am thankful for, but on blogger.

I am thankful for my Dad homeschooling me.

Two days ago I baked some sugar cookies. On Sunday I looked for sugar cookie recipies but Mom told me sugar cookies are hard even for her. I then asked Dad to buy some dough. I got the flour, the board and the roller out. I got the cookie cutters out and invited Joey, Julie and Thomas to cut cookies into shapes. I helped Thomas with the cutting. When there was no more room I rolled the dough out again while the other kids ran around the house. When I was ready, they came back to cut more cookies. I added some more dough and then we made big cookies. At first I tried to have them all pick one cutter. Then each person cut one cookie at the same time but with the big cookies it gets difficult to get them out of the cookie cutters and with everybody doing them at the same time I can't help them all. Thomas was just a little machine pressing one and then another and another. In the end they just cut out their one cookie one person at a time. I would roll out the dough again for the next kid. I made Thomas's cookie for him. Then we went back to the little cookies and it went smoothly after that. It was a good family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment