Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Today I did something really funny. Dad gave me a math problem, he wanted me to convert 1/3 x + 3/4 y = 3/8 into slope intercept form. Once I got it I put my head to the table. A sign that I was having trouble. It was really funny. I didn't know I had it. I thought you had to get rid of the number in front of X.

I found out that I have a genetic defect. Joey, Julie and I have a short connection from the roof of our mouths to our tongues. That's why Julie has a lateral lisp and I had one. Joey's is the shortest of all but he seemed to manage.

I started to take notes during our Geology lesson. We were studying volcanoes here is what I wrote;

Hawaiian volcanoes don't explode. Except when water hits the magma chamber and you know because it will steam up.

Stromboli volcanoes erupt frequently but with mild or no explosion. Stromboli (the volcano) erupts every twenty minutes. Basaltic lava and andesitic lava mix (in this type of volcano).

Volcanian volcanoes explode violently and every 100 years, approximately.

Pelean volcanoes are (the most) violent. Mt. Pele erupted and covered the whole town of St. Pierre. The whole chamber comes up and flows down (for miles, usually).

In plinean volcanoes it comes up and is pushed 4000 feet in the air and then it goes down like a pelean volcano.

A crater is the hole at the top of a volcano.
If the magma chamber is low in magma the volcano collapses and a hole is formed and that is a caldara.

A hot spring is made of the presence of lava under ground water but some so called hot springs don't have anything to do with lava.

This was slightly altered so you can better understand it. I will explain more things about it.

For the first six paragraphs I was learning about the different types of volcanoes. Hawaiian volcanoes are named after the volcanoes on the big island of Hawaii. If the magma hits the ocean it is called pillow lava. Stromboli volcanoes are not very dangerous and they erupt frequently and with mild or no explosion. Stromboli the volcano has a town built around it and if you aren't insane it will not hurt you. The Volcanian volcanoes explode violently and are the types you usually hear about on the news. Pelean volcanoes are rare but the most violent. So are Plinean volcanoes. They spew lava everywhere. Craters are just what they sound like. Crater lake is a caldara and it was filled with water. a little mound is in the middle of it and it was like a little bit of lava trying to come back. It formed a shape but it doesn't errupt.

1 comment:

  1. y = -4/9 x + 1/2 ??

    How would I do at Leibig Academy??

    ReplyDelete