Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I must always blog about meets. I think Julie should set up a blog when she starts to compete. It could be a tradition. My knee has occasional pains and such but it's really doing much better. I notice a pattern. Example; I go to gymnastics on Thursday and it is fine. The next day it is worked hard and I get tired more easily. On Saturday the knee hurts on vaulting and tumbling. I probably suffered on vault because of this.

The meet was called the Sweetheart meet. Gym-nation hosted it*. The meet was in the capital cup format†. I like it so much more! You are prepared to compete much more than in the traditional format!

We started on bars. So the rotation was bar, beam, floor, vault. I usually have trouble with this format but I did O.K. I jumped to the high bar three out of three. When I competed I had very bent legs but I got a 7.85

Beam warm ups were fine but I messed up a step before the leap and that messed me up. My handstand was puny but I didn't fall at all. I got an 8.OO. that is my high score. Those were some nice judges.

Floor began normally. I asked Katica if the judges were nice and she said they were tight. I did my SMILE and did my thing. B-) I got an 8.175. Later, when Katica put the meet results up on a billboard in the cubby room, I found out that only three girls got 8s on floor and I was second. This is a huge achievement.

I hit my back on the back of the horse on friday and at the meet I hit the back of my legs against the horse. Katica lowered the horse√ and I was fine. I got an 8.2


*Gyms and USA gymnastics can host meets. This means they hire the judges, decide how medals and awards will be given and what format it is in. I think the three state qualifiers are hosted by gyms (the state qualifiers are the meets that if you get a thirty two all around at it you get to go to the state meet) but I'm not sure.

† The formats are determined by how you warm up. If you warm up all the events and then compete on them it's called traditional. Capital cup is if you warm up on one event and then you compete. Example warm up on bars and compete on bars & then you warm up on beam and then you compete on beam etc etc...............

√ Gymnast call the vault the "horse"

No comments:

Post a Comment